ASIA AND PACIFIC SEED ALLIANCE (APSA)
Job Title: Technical Program Manager
Unit/Division: Technical Programs
Duty Station: Thailand
Application Deadline: 30th June 2022
Asia and Pacific Seed Alliance or The Asia and Pacific Seed Association (APSA) was established in 1994, through the cooperation of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and DANIDA, with the aim of promoting quality seed production and marketing in the Asia and Pacific Region. Today, APSA is the largest regional seed association in the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will work closely with APSA Technical Coordination Manager and Executive Director in formation to lead the technical meetings and coordinating with Technical Committees of APSA to conduct all technical related projects and activities. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with APSA Technical Coordination Manager to develop activity plans for APSA Standing Committees, Special Interest Groups, and other working groups, fucus on the whole picture initiatives intended to meet the Committees’ requirements under the supervision of APSA Executive Director.
- Liaison with APSA Standing Committees/ Special Interest Groups and stakeholders to develop technical programs aligning with APSA Strategic Plans of seed quality movement, as well as drive the execution of technical project development concepts for the committees.
- Manage technical projects of all types through every stage of development from idea to design to completion. The projects including but not limited to APSA Seed Academy, University Connects Project (UCP), Disease Resistant Terminology (DRT), PVP Toolbox, Phytosanitary measurements, STDF and others.
- Lead APSA SIG Vegetables and Ornamentals (V&O) in formation to develop the agendas, lead the technical meetings, support in reviewing the technical part of research projects and facilitate to follow up all action’s items.
- Coordinate with Technical Coordination Manager and Partnership Program Manager to interact with committees/stakeholders and APSA teams with respect to project problems and opportunities within the framework of the requirements throughout the delivery program and represent APSA as its advocate during the engagement process.
- Support APSA Technical Coordination Manager to review meeting minutes and agenda.
- Responsible to find solutions for program problems or conflicts that may arise (resource constraints, requirement ambiguity, etc.) and communicate ongoing progress to committees/ stakeholders.
- Coordinate with APSA Technical Program Manager to improve database of technical sessions' presentations, SC/SIG minutes, and APSA position documents on APSA website and hard copies of database.
- Coordinate with APSA Technical Team and the Communications Team to review the technical contents of Asian Seed Magazine. Coordinate with Events Manager and Membership Coordination Manager to plan and execute technical activities.
- Responsible for maintaining the database of SIG and SC committee members to ensure that activities are implemented according to APSA Constitutions, Anti-trust guideline for APSA meetings and TOR for chair, co-chair and committee members.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and experience
- Thai nationality or having Thai residence.
- Master’s degree or higher with an agronomic major, plant biotechnology or related fields.
- Minimum of three-year experiences in seed industry or seed regulatory affairs.
- Fluent in English communication (both written and oral) and preferably other local languages of the region.
- Ability to relate work harmoniously and effectively with peers of various nationalities, both in the public and private sector.
- Computer skills, particularly: Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, professional email communication, time and project management tools.
- Ability to travel both local and international.
- Knowledge of seed regulations and seed registration-related regulations in the Asia- Pacific region, plant variety protection requirements, seed export and import requirement including quarantine.
- Project management and planning skill.
- A profound understanding of overall project images, technical issues, and communication trails.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and extensive experience in technical program management in a related industry, combine seed knowledge with technological expertise to promote seed innovation in region.
- Have a strong aptitude and understanding of the technical aspects and capabilities of the organization. This will directly translate into a better execution of your technical programs.
- Communicate the strategies, issues connected with the programs to all the principal stakeholders involved.
- Strong leadership, generally speaking, technical programs tend to be long-term objectives made up of several interconnected projects.
- Demonstrate team spirit and positive attitude.
Reporting to: APSA Executive Director
Location The principal location will be the APSA Secretariat Office based in Bangkok, Thailand. Some international travel will be required.
Contract One year contract (Annual renewal with a possibility to turn permanent based on performance)
Application Interested applicants are requested to send their CV with expected salary and be accompanied by a cover letter to Ms. Weeranuch Mhadlhoo via email email@example.com, please also clearly indicate the name of applicant in the subject line of the email. Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday, 30th June 2022 (Midnight Bangkok time). No applications will be accepted beyond this date.