ASIA AND PACIFIC SEED ALLIANCE (APSA)
APSA NOW HIRING… NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
As APSA Executive Director, Dr. May Chodchoey, has decided to pursue her new journey outside APSA, and her effective departure date being the end of June, we would like to thank her for her great contribution these past five years. With that, we are then looking for a dynamic Executive Director who can relocate to work at the APSA Secretariat office in Bangkok, Thailand. Join us to drive and lead activities for our members for the betterment of seed sector in APAC and globally.
Job Title: Executive Director
Duty Station: Thailand
Application Deadline: 30th June 2023
Asia and Pacific Seed Alliance or The Asia and Pacific Seed Association (APSA) was established in 1994, through the cooperation of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and DANIDA, with the aim of promoting quality seed production and marketing in the Asia and Pacific Region. Today, APSA is the largest regional seed association in the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing the general affairs of the association in accordance with its objectives, rules, and policies, and to perform such tasks and duties as may be determined by the Executive Committee from time to time.
- Serve as the face of the organization and participate in external events to increase visibility, credibility, and market brand, and develop strategic partnerships to further increase community awareness and expand programs.
- In charge of the management of the association’s assets and the Secretariat, and build and lead an effective secretariat team that’s dedicated to fulfilling APSA’s mission and strategic plan through highly successful programs, events and communications.
- Work closely with Office Bearers (Immediate Past President, President, Vice President and Treasurer) and Executive committee to assess and address issues affecting the organization (for example : legal compliance of the association in operating countries of APSA activities)
- Mapping of key stakeholders for APSA and cultivate and strengthen relationships with a wide variety of partnerships including Local Partners, Government Agencies, and Multi-Lateral Agencies to develop an actionable plans or activities to support APSA members.
- Strengthen the involvement of the members in the association’s activities, provide direction and assistance for the SIG/SC committees, projects and activities as approved and authorized by the Executive Committee.
- Manage the association’s accounts and financial records and providing proper accounting and disbursement of the association’s funds together with the Treasurer.
Skills and Specification
- Strong experience in public relations and communications
- Entrepreneurial mindset with innovative approach to association’s strategy
- Demonstrated success in working well with people and teams and ability to implement procedures, meet deadlines and high program targets, work independently and cooperatively in cross-cultural environment.
- Adaptability/flexibility skill.
- Dynamic, strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills for managing programs across various countries and staff / volunteers / partners from various cultures
Education and experience
- Thai resident or able to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Degree in Humanities and Social Science, Business Administration and Marketing
- Fluent in English (writing and communicating)
- Five or more years of experience in senior management, preferably with non-profit organizations and/or seed companies.
Dynamic, strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills for managing programs across various countries and staff / volunteers / partners from various cultures
Reporting to: APSA Office Bearer/Executive Committee
Location The principal location will be the APSA Secretariat Office based in Bangkok, Thailand. Some international travel will be required.
Application Interested applicants are requested to send their CV with expected salary and be accompanied by a cover letter to Ms. Weeranuch Mhadlhoo via email firstname.lastname@example.org, please also clearly indicate the name of applicant in the subject line of the email. Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 30th June 2023 (Midnight Bangkok time). No applications will be accepted beyond this date.