A Tomato & Pepper Field Day will be held on 9 May 2022 at ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bengaluru, India to demonstrate the 2021 APSA-WorldVeg Vegetable Breeding Consortium exclusive lines. Only the 2021 Consortium Companies are eligible to attend this field day. The representatives of the 2021 consortium companies will be able to assess the following tomato and pepper lines:
- 9 fresh market tomato lines with TYLCD, bacterial wilt, and other resistance, and some with excellent external and internal color.
- 3 dual-purpose tomato lines with TYLCD and bacterial wilt resistance, and with excellent internal color and firmness.
- 4 Chili pepper exclusive lines with resistance to chili veinal mottle virus (ChiVMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV), phytophthora blight (Phytophthora capsici, race 3), bacterial wilt (Ralstonia sp.) and anthracnose (Colletotrichum sp.), high and stable yield, high ASTA values and capsaicinoids.
- 4 Sweet pepper exclusive lines with resistance to ChiVMV, Potato virus Y (PVY), phytophthora blight (P. capsici, race 1), and hypersensitive reaction to bacterial spot (Xanthomonas campestris) with improved heat tolerance.
The field trials of tomato and pepper are funded by the Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
FIELD DAY LOCATION
ICAR-IIHR Field, Block VIII
Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Hessaraghatta Lake post, Bengaluru - 560089, India
- Pre-registration is required. No on-site registration is allowed.
- Registration will begin on 20 December 2021 and will end on 25 April 2022.
- Please CLICK HERE to register for the Tomato & Pepper Field Day.
- 60 USD / participant, including lunch, refreshments
- Two participants per 2021 Consortium Company are free of charge.
- Payment of registration fee must be made before 30 April 2022.
- NO REFUND UNDER ANY EXCEPTION
We will allow each 2021 Consortium Member Company 10 FREE participants
to attend the presentation sessions (please refer to the agenda below) via LIVE Zoom Meeting. To register your ONLINE PARTICIPANTS, please CLICK HERE
PROPOSED HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
We highly recommend participants to book accommodations at one of the 3 hotels stated below, due to its proximity to IIHR. Prices below are estimated room rates and only to be used as reference. Prices may vary from hotel to hotel and depending on booking date. We recommend bookings to be made via any Online Booking Agency (booking.com, agoda, etc.) Booking and payment of your hotel accommodations must be made directly to the hotel.
- Attide Boutique Hotel
- Bellary Rd, Opposite Agni Aero Sports Adventures Academy - Jakkur aerodrome, Yashoda Nagar, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560065
- Single: 3500-4500 INR/person
- Double: 2500-3500 INR/person
- Liwa Hotel
- Yashoda Nagar, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560064
- Single: 4500-5000 INR/person
- Double: 3500-4000 INR/person
- Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre
- Jakkur Flying Club, Near, Bellary Rd, Allalasandra, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560065
- Single: 4000-5000 INR/person
- Double: 3000-4000 INR/person
Shuttle bus pick-up and drop-off will be complimentary to all participants staying at hotels within the Yelahanka area, due to the hotel’s proximity to IIHR.
|9:30 - 10:00
Registration at ICAR-IIHR Auditorium
Chairperson: Dr. B. Varalakshmi, Principal Scientist, Division of Vegetable Crops, ICAR-IIHR
|10:00 - 10:10
Dr. K. Madhavi Reddy, I/C Head, Division of Vegetable Crops, ICAR-IIHR
Mr. Ben Wang, Director-General of Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in Chennai
Dr. Ramakrishnan M Nair, Regional Director, World Vegetable Center, South Asia/Central Asia
|10:10 - 10:20
Dr. B.N.S. Murthy, Director, ICAR-IIHR
Dr. Kanokwan (May) Chodchoey, Executive Director, APSA Secretariat
|10:20 - 10:50
Coffee & Tea Break at ICAR-IIHR Food Court
|10:50 - 11:20
Brief Introduction of the Tomato Field Trial*
Dr. Hamid Khazaei, Vegetable Breeder, World Vegetable Center
Dr. Peter Hanson, Global Plant Breeding Lead Scientist, World Vegetable Center
|11:20 - 11:50
Brief Introduction of the Pepper Field Trial*
Dr. Derek Barchenger, Vegetable Breeder – Peppers, World Vegetable Center
|11:50 - 13:00
Lunch at ICAR-IIHR Canteen
|13:00 - 16:00
Visit the Tomato and Pepper Demonstration Trials at ICAR-IIHR Field
|16:00 - onwards
Departure of Participants
*Sessions open for online attendance
Note: The schedule may be changed due to travel restriction of COVID-19
||GMT - 03:00
||01:00 - 07:30
||06:00 - 12:30
||09:00 - 15:30
|India, Sri Lanka
||09:30 - 16:00
|Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam
||11:00 - 17:30
|China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Malaysia
||12:00 - 18:30
|Japan, South Korea
||13:00 - 19:30
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact APSA Partnership Program Manager, Ms. Xiaofeng Li at email@example.com
"The field trials of tomato and pepper are funded by the Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs."